Friday, April 6, 2012

Stitched Portraits: Robert Bloch

One of my favorite things about doing this one-a-day project is when I get to find out about a new famous person that just makes me happy. Robert Bloch was most known for writing the book, "Psycho," which went on to be made into a very influential film by Alfred Hitchcock.

Bloch wrote many other short stories, novels, and screenplays and was mentored early in his writing career by H.P. Lovecraft. They were close friends - Lovecraft even gave Bloch express written permission to kill him anytime he wanted to in his stories.

A love for the punny, Bloch shared his black humor often - famously quipping, "Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk."

 Robert Bloch, looking sinister and sweet at the same time:


No comments:

Post a Comment