Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stitched Portraits: Paul Reubens

"I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I!!!"

"Whenever anyone hears the secret word, SCREAM REAL LOUD, OK?!"

"Why don't you marry it?"

...Legendary phrases from a legendary character played by a really sweet, fun man with a penchant for the weird and the quirky. Pee-Wee Herman - the character, the movies, and the show were quite possibly the most influential creative force in my life, ever. Whenever I think about an idea, I think of it in context of Pee Wee's Playhouse. Subconsciously I ask myself, "Would this fit in the Playhouse?"

Paul Reubens, the man who made him, turned 60 years old yesterday and has recently revived Pee-Wee after a very long hiatus. He still retains the whimsy, the energy, and the youthfulness that made it all so special in the first place.

See early Pee-Wee here.

See one of the best scenes from his Christmas special here.

See him now, here.

Paul Reubens (as Pee-Wee, sweet-faced):

No comments:

Post a Comment