Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Stitched Portraits: Clara Barton

(b. Dec. 25, 1821) There was no one more fitting to stitch on Christmas Day than Clara Barton. This was agreed by all. She was a Teacher, Nurse, Patent Clerk, Humanitarian, and Founder of the American Red Cross. In case you need further proof of her specialness, read all about her life here. It is truly fascinating.

And to all who regularly check this blog, my apologies for a three week lapse in posts. I must blame the craziness of my favorite holiday. Every year, without fail, I am both Elf and Santa, spending hours in my workshop studio, making gifts for friends and family. As we are now nearing the end of the season, I am back on track to finish this project by end of February 2013. Thanks to all who have encouraged its progress throughout 2012. At this point I have made over 300 portraits. whew. crazy, to. think about...

So, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all!

Clara Barton (strength and passion):


No comments:

Post a Comment