Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stitched Portraits: Lynda Barry

(b. Jan. 2, 1956) Although I am breaking one of my self-inflicted rules and going out of order with this blog, I now no longer care. I stitched Lynda Barry on her birthday back on the 2nd of the month and last night I saw her speak and now I really can't stop thinking about how great it was and how wonderful she is. If you have not read one of her books I highly recommend that you do. My grood friend, Charles Crowley, recommended to me (by gifting one) and he was super right. Picture This is about drawing and why people stop. In it, Lynda speaks of getting somewhere when she put the brush to the paper. I feel the same with a sewing machine. It takes over sometimes and I don't get to have control. If I let it happen, I am surprised by the outcome. In this case, it was Lynda's smiling face.

For more musings, check her Near-Sighted Monkey blog.

Lynda Barry (trademark sunshine):


No comments:

Post a Comment