Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stitched Portraits: Natalie Wood

I thought about not choosing Natalie Wood yesterday. I even told my friends that I would draw Nam June Paik. However, after I looked at images and read her bio - I realized that Natalie was the best choice for a birthday portrait. She was gracious, elegant, and undeniable. When the Harvard Lampoon gave her the Worst Actress award, she was first to actually show up to receive it. She was also nominated for Best Actress, twice, by the Academy.

And her beauty aged so perfectly - seemed to just get better through her years.

She died unexpectedly at a young age. Her death was thought to be an accident but the case was reopened just this year and re-classified as "undetermined".

Natalie Wood (natural beauty):

No comments:

Post a Comment